Homegoing of a Saint: Prophet/Bishop Robert Charles Blakes, Sr.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - Homegoing services are pending for the Bishop Robert Charles Blakes, Sr., who has gone home to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 11, 2013. He was 74.

Bishop Blakes’s biography is below (gleaned from his web site http://www.prophetblakes.com):

Pastor and General Overseer Bishop Robert Charles Blakes, Sr. of the New Home Full Gospel Ministries in New Orleans, Louisiana; His lovely wife, Minister Lois R. Blakers, and their two sons, Robert, Jr. and Samuel Blakes, work hand-in-hand with him in the ministry of the Lord.

Prophet Blakes boldly pioneered the movement of African American ministries in 1979 into televangelism in the city of New Orleans, when he began broadcasting on local channel 26.  In 1984, he began airing nationally on BET Broadcasting Network.

On July 16, 1992, he was instrumental in organizing the Full Gospel Baptist Association, presently known as the “Free Spirit Interdenominational Fellowship.”  A total of 15 pastors and ministers joined him in the fulfillment of this great vision.

On August 6, 1993, his vision expanded to purchase KKNO 750 AM Radio Station, the only locally owned African American Christian radio station in New Orleans.

On August 27, 1993, Prophet Blakes accepted God’s call to the office of Bishop under the authority of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship. Through his leadership, nine church ministries, comprised of over 15,000 members, developed throughout the cities of Houston, New Orleans, Hammond, LaPlace and Slidell, with a tenth location preparing to launch in North Baton Rouge. This location will host the new headquarters for the Robert C. Blakes, Sr. Medica Ministry, originally formed in 1995 to promote the vision of the Prophet through various media sources.

In October of 1994, he established the Free Spirit Christian Bookstore in New Orleans to serve the congregation and ministry needs.

On January 3, 1999, Prophet Blakes, who authored many life-changing books, particularly in the areas of healing, deliverance and the operation of God’s anointing, established the Robert C. Blakes, Sr. Bible College and Theological Seminary.  The school officially opened October 11, 1999 with an active and growing student enrollment.

On February 24, 2000 Upscale Magazine paid tribute to Bishop Blakes, naming him one of the nation’s most prominent black ministers and spiritual leaders.

About these ads

22 responses

1. Minister Brenda L. Gordon | Reply

To Lady Minister Lois Blake’s and family earth has no sorrow heaven can’t heal. I pause in silence to let you know God’s will is done. We are praying your strength in the Lord in time of sorrow. And Jesus said unto him I am the truth and the light no man cometh unto the Father, except by me. It’s good knowing Prophet/Bishop Robert Charles Blake’s knew the Lord personally. R.I.P.

2. n ever will this great will forget this great man of god i was under his leadership when i live in new orleans love him and family he will be greatly miss

3. Nita Schroeder for the Giesons | Reply

Our condolences on the loss of your loved one, Bishop Robert Charles Blake, Sr. We rejoice that he is enjoying the home he worked and dedicated his life to in heaven.
    Joan & Frank Gieson

4. Prophetess Linda Jones Mrs Blake our condolences to you and your family. Bishop will truly be missed among the body of Christ. We do not want to be uninformed, brothers, concerning those who are asleep. So that you will not grieve like the rest, who have no hope. Since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, in the same way God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep through Jesus. I Thessalonians 4:13-14. My prayers are with you. Love you.

5. Barbara johnson | Reply

The Blakes Family you have our prayers and love.

6. Weeping may indure for a night but Joy comes in the morning.Your family is in my prayers.

7. I praise GOD for allowing me to enjoy being a part of Prophet Blake ministry thru The Word Network. I first saw him on Bet Station. I encourage Elect Lady Blake and their sons to be encouraged, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Much prayer has & is going up for you & the family

8. It was a Legend Home-going Holy Ghost celebration that was fit for the Man of God he was.Yes a true Prophet and Legend!

9. Victorious Williams | Reply

Prophet Blake was a true Prophet and loved God and cared deeply about souls beening saved and cared about his sheeps God gave him, a mighty Man of God gone home. Prophet Blake your teaching will always be with me so Prophet I’ll just say I’ll see you at a later time, to the the Elect Lady Blake and all the family you’al are in my prayers.

10. To pastor robert and Samuel blake your father will be sadly mist but he left behind to powerful men of god.he not gone he asbent from his body andpresent with the lord.I love you keepthe word that he spoke stronglyand your heart.he love his people and was and idealist .and a true man be incourage I love u guy and to your mom what a wonderful women of god she a lady of excellent. Love sis Adrienne m.griffin of Gretna la

11. Stella Wineberry | Reply

i shall miss Bishop Blake , I watched him on Word Network and his Biblical knowledge of Gods Kingdom and what God desires of us always left me full of hope and Spiritual inspiration.God shall continue blessing his family

12. He touched the lives of many even me and I live in another state. Rest in peace Bishop Blake. To the family look you and live. May GOD give you peace & comfort.

13. May God be with you and your family at this sad time. You are in my prayers. I know he is preaching the word in heaven,

14. Praise God, what an Awesome Man of God, You have my eepest sympathy, I was truly shocked to hear, but GOD had a special assignment in heaven only Prophet Blakes could handled. xoxoxoxo He will be missed on the WordNetwork, he left greast men of God to carry his legacy and his beautiful Queen Lady Lois.

15. God be with you in your time of grief,I was looking for him on TV and found his sons
    there, Thank you for the wonderful things you spoke of his life he was a true man of GOD he was the reason I watched TV,

1. He still comes on the WORD NETWORK. I get him on Monday nights at 12 am central standard time. I hope they keep him on because the WORD OF GOD is still fresh and good for us.

16. Not so sure what to even say…… After so many years in ministry, preaching and teaching the people, nurturing in love, even just being home with family and friends- and all of a sudden God says it’s time! Sometimes we may want to say are you saying now God and he says YES now son. With The Almighty Father (HOME)- Rejoice but my prayers are with the family.

17. I just found out today that this great man of God has gone to be with the Lord! I watched him on the Word channel every Monday at 1:am. I’m saddened because I never met him. I had planned to go to New Orlean just to be in his anointed presence. I am a pastor and I live in Waycross, GA. May God strengthen his beautiful wife, sons and entire family! What a Man! What a loss!

18. Michael Herron | Reply

Wow just found out last night one of my favorite on the word channel love his teaching Prayers go out to the family and ministry Will be miss Great Man of God!

19. Praying for the family of Bishop Robert Charles Blakes. I met Bishop and Mrs. Blakes when he aired a radio broadcast on WVOG Radio back in the early 80s. He was a very nice man that love God and people.
    Don Coleman, WVOG Program Director 1980

20. My thoughts and prayers are with the Blakes family during this difficult time. I thank God for the awesome gift He gave us in Prophet, I was blessed to be in his services and to have him minister to me. May your soul Rest in Peace Prophet and may God comfort the hearts of your love ones.

21. Prophet Louis Smith | Reply

My prayers and support extend to the ENTIRE Blakes Family during this time of Bereavement for the lost of a distinguished TRUE MAN OF GOD Who was a LEADER. TEACHER, PROPHET, SEER and Presiding BISHOP of so many Sons and daughters of the Gospel of Jesus Christ…To who I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to this great Man of God over 16 years ago when I was in New Orleans running a revival for Pastor Wilbert Ayers…Prophet Left a presence of integrity and encouragement to me as a prophet and will NEVER Forget A LEGEND and Pioneer whom God Lent to us to grow and take the kingdom for the kingdom of God…Again my Prayers for the continued perserverance and growth of that Quality Ministry Grow continually…because Bishop left many Joshuas and calebs to possess the Land…From gods Humble servant Prophet Louis Smith of Greater NYC/Northern NJ Romans 8:28