Vacant Pulpit – TRANSITIONAL INTERIM PASTOR – Ebenezer Second Baptist Church, Lincoln Heights, OH (Deadline: August 31, 2015)
Vacant Pulpit – Ebenezer Second Baptist Church
Lincoln Heights, Ohio (suburb of Cincinnati) 45215
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2015
Vacancy Announcement: Transitional Interim Pastor Position available
Ebenezer Second Baptist Church is seeking nominations and applications for the position of a Transitional Interim Pastor. This individual shall be called by God to be the spiritual and administrative leader of the congregation until the search for a Pastor is complete. The transitional interim pastor is responsible to God and the Church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach and teach the Bible, to promote Christian leadership and to engage in pastoral care of the congregation.
The Transitional Interim will be accountable to the church through the deacon body and cannot be a candidate to become the pastor of the congregation. He will serve until either the church calls a new pastor or the congregation deems his services no longer needed. He will assist the Pastor Search committee upon request, which may include training and consultation; however he must neither interfere with nor unduly influence the work of the committee.
Ebenezer Second Baptist church was organized in 1928 by Bishop H. Smith. The church grew greatly over the years and has moved from its original location at Dorothy St. & Lockland Rd to its current location of 10054 Dixie Court in Lincoln Heights, Ohio. Ebenezer has been blessed to have had only eight pastors in its 87 year history.
Today, Ebenezer Second Baptist church has limited ministries to serve the many needs of the members and the large African American community that surrounds the church.
Our mission is to exalt the Savior, to edify the saints, to evangelize sinners, and to elevate society.
Our congregation believes the successful transitional interim candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be ordained and knowledgeable in the Baptist doctrine
- God fearing and devoted in the ministry
- A spirit filled speaker and presenter of the Gospel 1Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9
- Able to provide a teaching and learning experience to the congregation
- Skilled in church management and supervision
- Demonstrate visionary leadership to grow church membership
- A capable counselor
- Interested in youth and senior oriented programs
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Value interpersonal relationships with the various ministries of the church
- Aspire to establish, foster and maintain a strong sense of community
- Recognize and actively promote the gifts and talents of the church body
- Be above reproach in personal character and financial standings both inside and outside the church
- The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered on an individual basis.
The preferred candidate will have obtained a degree from an accredited college or university; and have experience as an Associate or Assistant Minister, with related progressive experience and/or training.
The ideal candidate will have seminary training and be committed to continuing education to maintain and enhance ministerial and management skills.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Updated resume (detailing listing of ministerial and pastoral experience and accomplishments)
- Media sample of a sermon presented within the past three months
- Copies of diplomas, degrees, ministerial license, ordination certificate with the appropriate seal
- Four references – 2 from a Pastor/Clergy, 1 Lay person, 1 Personal
Completed application packets must be received by August 31, 2015 to be considered.
Ebenezer Second Baptist Church – Pastor Search Committee
10054 Dixie Court
Lincoln Heights, Ohio 45215
Attn: Search Committee
MOUNT ZION BAPTIST CHURCH
350 South New Road (Route 9) • Pleasantville, New Jersey Telephone: (609) 641-4337 • Email: MZBCPastoralSearchCommittee@gmail.com
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PASTOR POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME
I. ROLE OF SENIOR PASTOR
The Senior Pastor is the spiritual leader and overseer of the church, demonstrates biblical integrity and character, and is a person after God’s own heart. The Senior Pastor preaches, disciples, evangelizes, leads in the ordinances (Baptism and Holy Communion), and counsels those in need. The Senior Pastor leads the congregation in achieving the mission and vision of the church. In cooperation with the official boards, the Senior Pastor will have primary leadership of all church ministries, and communities, as well as overall responsibility for providing leadership in all financial, business and related affairs of the church including serving as the CEO of the WinSan Center. The Senior Pastor is accountable, first and foremost, to God and God’s Word, and secondly to the Board of Deacons and the membership of Mt. Zion Baptist Church. This person is willing to relocate to the general Atlantic County community. The Senior Pastor’s position will be evaluated annually by the Church Boards and Membership using available tools such as church surveys and standard evaluation forms.
II. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Master’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited seminary and/or college or university.
- Must be an ordained minister of the Gospel by a recognized, accredited and/or established ministerial
association or approved denomination.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of prior pastoral or professional ministry; strong desire to have
pastoral experience in a Baptist Church.
- Skilled in Pastoral counseling (confidence and discretion in giving biblical counsel)
- Demonstrates a high level of effectiveness in preaching and teaching
- Possesses leadership vision, well developed vision for the church
- Develops leaders and builds teams to accomplish goals
- Committed to the growth of the Church membership
- Promotes congregational benevolence, mission and stewardship
- Demonstrates a record of community involvement and mission focus through ongoing support and
meeting community needs as they arise
- Oversees and executes the administration of the church, ensures the completion of ministry, business,
facility, and logistical support functions, supervises the office manager, as needed, for the effective
functioning of the front office
- Demonstrates business skills to serve as the CEO of the WinSan Center and other related business and
- Proficient in the use of 21st Century technology
III. OTHER QUALITIES
- Christ-like disciple and servant as well as a developer of disciples
- Approachable; good listener; and ability to encourage diversity
- Ability to engender confidence in others
- Open to new ideas
Interested candidates should submit:
- An updated resume with at least three professional references and a personal reference
- Copies of degrees from an accredited College, University, or Seminary, ordination certificate and other
certificates or documentation
- A recent DVD and/or CD of the candidate preaching a sermon
Please submit above documentation to:
Mount Zion Baptist Church
350 S. New Road, Pleasantville, NJ 08232 Attention: Pastoral Search Committee Or, electronically to MZBCPastoralSearchCommittee@gmail.com
All responses must be postmarked or received by Wednesday, August 19, 2015
The First Baptist Church of Lexington, North Carolina has officially opened its pastoral search process. First Baptist is seeking a pastor who will serve as the spiritual leader and overseer of the church and demonstrate the qualities of I Timothy 3.1-7 and Titus 1.5-9.
The church was organized in 1867 and continues to thrive today. Worship, outreach and community involvement are a few of its strengths. The membership consists of approximately 430 members.
• A minimum of five years pastoral experience.
• Candidate should be married.
• Should have at least a Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree is preferred.
• Starting salary will be determined based on educational level and experience.
• Each candidate must consent to a criminal and background check.
• Candidate should be able to effectively preach the Gospel, but also possess effective people skills.
These qualifications are preferred, but interested persons who do not meet all of these qualifications may still to apply!
All interested persons should mail a resume’ or curriculum vitae, along with a recent preaching video and three references to:
First Baptist Church
P. O. Box 589
Lexington, NC 27293
ATTN: PASTORAL SEARCH COMMITTEE
Any materials received after July 31, 2015 will not be considered.
In a tragedy that has been well documented in the media, the Reverend Clementa Carlos Pinckney, senior pastor of the historic “Mother” Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church of Charleston, South Carolina, will be laid to rest today at 11:00 a.m. Several news organizations, including PBS.ORG will be live-streaming/broadcasting the service. The President of the United States, Barack H. Obama, will be delivering the eulogy.
The official obituary:
Funeral Services for The Honorable Reverend Clementa Carlos Pinckney will be held Friday, June 26, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. at the T.D. Arena at the College of Charleston, 301 Meeting Street, Charleston, South Carolina, with burial in the St. James A.M.E. Church Cemetery, 5344 Highway 41, Marion, South Carolina.
Senator Pinckney will lie in state in The Rotunda of the South Carolina State House, Columbia, South Carolina, on Wednesday, June 24, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. He will also be viewed on Thursday, June 25, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. at the St. John A.M.E. Church, 2740 Tillman Rd., Ridgeland, SC. A family visitation will be held Thursday evening from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church, 110 Calhoun St., Charleston, SC. Leevy’s Funeral Home, Columbia, SC is in charge of arrangements.
The Honorable Reverend Clementa Carlos Pinckney, was born on July 30, 1973, the son of Mr. John Pinckney and the late Theopia Stevenson Aikens of Ridgeland, South Carolina, and was educated in the public schools of Jasper County. He departed this life on Wednesday, June 17, 2015, along with eight other saints of God, studying the Word of God at the Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church, in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Honorable Reverend Pinckney graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Allen University, Columbia, South Carolina. While at Allen University, he served as freshman class president, student body president, and senior class president. Ebony Magazine recognized the Honorable Reverend Pinckney as one of the “Top College Students in America.” He earned a Master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina and a Master’s of Divinity degree from the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, South Carolina. The Honorable Reverend Pinckney was actively working on a Doctor of Ministry degree from the Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C.
Reverend Pinckney answered the call to preach at the age of thirteen and received his first appointment to pastor at the age of eighteen. He loved the Lord, the African Methodist Episcopal Church, and the people of God. He served the following churches: Young’s Chapel A.M.E.-Irmo, SC, The Port Royal Circuit-Beaufort, SC, Mount Horr A.M.E.-Yonges Island, SC, Campbell Chapel A.M.E., Bluffton, SC and also served as the Presiding Elder of the Wateree District. He was serving with distinction as the pastor of the historic Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina at the time of his untimely death.
The Honorable Reverend Pinckney was elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 1996 at the age of twenty-three. In the year 2000, at the age of twenty-seven, he was elected to the South Carolina State Senate. He was the youngest African-American in South Carolina history to be elected to the South Carolina State Legislature. He represented Jasper, Beaufort, Charleston, Colleton, and Hampton Counties. As a community servant, he served on the Board of Directors of Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company and was a distinguished member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
The Honorable Reverend Clementa Carlos Pinckney leaves behind: his beloved wife, Jennifer Benjamin Pinkney; daughters, Eliana Yvette and Malana Elise Pinckney; his maternal grandmother, Gracie S. Broome, of Mullins, South Carolina; his fathers, John Pinckney and Lyneair Aikens, Sr., both of Ridgeland, South Carolina; his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Frank Bejamin and Cleo M. Benjamin, both of Jackson, South Carolina; six siblings: Ralph Stevenson, of Lacey, Washington; Carmelleana Dupont, of Ridgeland, South Carolina; Kenya (Arica) Pinckney, of Grafenwoer, Germany; Lyneair (Lynea) Aikens, Jr., of Schofield Barracks, Hawaii; Johnette (Dexter) Martinez, of Irmo, South Carolina; Marvin Aikens, of Savannah, Georgia; one brother-in-law, Eric (Leila) Benjamin; his grand aunts Lee and Louise Pollins, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; his grand aunt and uncle, Donald and Emma Stevenson, of Ridgeland, South Carolina; four long-time friends who were as close as brothers, the Reverend Dr. Kylon Jerome Middleton, the Reverend Chris Vaughn, the Honorable Reverend Joe Neal, and the Honorable Gerald Malloy; a host of aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends.
Vacant Pulpit: Christian Fellowship of Love Baptist Church, Detroit, Michigan (Deadline: May 29, 2015)
“Holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.” Titus: 1-9 (NKJV).
Christian Fellowship of Love Baptist Church
PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Christian Fellowship of Love Baptist Church of Detroit, Michigan established in 2006 is seeking a spirit filled licensed Ordained Baptist Minister to serve as a full time Pastor for our congregation.
April 21, 2015
The Pastoral Search Committee, representing the membership of Second Baptist Church in Dowagiac, Michigan, is seeking a Pastor, called by God to serve as the spiritual leader of the congregation. We seek a visionary with strong leadership skills who will preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach sound Bible Doctrine, engage in Pastoral Care Ministries, and provide spiritual leadership, development, and training.
Second Baptist Church has been a pillar in Southwest Michigan for the past 147 years. During that time, this congregation has accomplished many tasks and led even more souls to Christ. We would like the Pastoral Candidate to hold the potential of continuing on in this tradition…and much more!
Overview of Position and Responsibilities:
The Pastor is the spiritual leader of our flock; therefore, applicants must fulfill the requirements of a Pastor, teacher, leader, and caregiver. The Pastor must be called by God, and the ideal candidate for the position of Pastor is one who:
- Teaches, preaches and leads the church toward continued spiritual growth.
- Serves as a model leader in worship, evangelism, discipleship, stewardship, missions, and ministry.
- Interacts effectively with our multi-generational congregation.
- Has a deep desire to serve.
- Enables persons to learn and understand deep spiritual truths.
- Builds relationships in which people are connected and care for one another.
- Provides leadership, a clear vision, and a compelling plan for the future of the church.
- Lives a lifestyle characterized by moral integrity.
- Demonstrates an understanding of church management.
- Provides Pastoral Counseling.
- Performs other duties that may be required.
The following duties are the ultimate responsibility of the Pastor but may be shared or delegated to others:
- Preach and teach the gospel by preparing and delivering relevant spirit-filled sermons.
- Plan and conduct the worship services
- Lead in administering the Holy ordinances of Baptism and Communion
- Lead and teach Bible studies and classes
- Provide Pastoral ministry to those experiencing illness, bereavement, or incapacitation or other conditions.
- Officiate at funerals, weddings, and baby dedications.
- Candidate must be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit.
- Candidate’s personal character and financial standing must be above reproach both inside and outside the church.
Page 1 of 2
- Be born-again, baptized believer in Jesus Christ with qualities and characteristics reflected in
1Timothy 3:1-7, Galatians 5:22-23 and Malachi 3:10.
- Be a Licensed/Ordained Minister in accordance with Baptist Doctrine and Procedures.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Biblical Doctrine.
- Be a visionary, strategic thinker and planner with sound judgment and discernment.
- Must be ethical, possess strong faith, integrity, and dedication, and live a lifestyle that reflects God.
The Application Process
Pastoral candidate should submit the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Current resume with a summary of any relevant ministry, professional and educational experiences
- Copies of awarded degrees from Accredited Institutions (if applicable)
- Copies of ministerial license and ordination certificate
- Letters should be from Clergy(2) , Lay person(1) and a personal reference from someone
who knows you well.
Please mail the required documents above to:
Second Baptist Church
Attention: Pastoral Search Committee
P.O. Box #892
Dowagiac, MI 49047
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The appropriate information from all interested and qualified persons should be received before May 31, 2015.
If you have any questions please email to email@example.com
Yours in Christ,
Second Baptist Church
Pastoral Search Committee
203 S. Paul St. ~ Street Address
P.O. Box #892 ~ Mailing Address
Dowagiac, MI 49047
Elliott, Pastor Melford J.,
51, transitioned to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Sunday May 10, 2015.
He served as the proud Pastor of The Greater Bethel Baptist Church in Akron, OH for over fourteen years.
He is survived by his loving wife and best friend for 31 years, Jacqueline Elliott; sons, Earnest Maxwell (LaTonya) and Melford Elliott; his mother, Annie Christine Elliott-Summers; sisters Mary Ann Clark-Bivens (Bill), Ruth Caffey (Darrell) and Angela Elliott, brother William Nash (Vanessa); three grandchildren, Christopher Maxwell, Jazmine Collins and Tiffany Cone; one great-grandson, Isaiah Maxwell and special godson, Jewan Surles III; and a host of other relatives and friends.
Funeral is noon Saturday at King Solomon Missionary Baptist Church, 1620 Anderson Street, burial Green Meadows Cemetery, visitation 10 a.m. – 12 noon Saturday.
– See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?pid=174851888#sthash.xFHPEPND.dpuf
Greater Liberty Baptist Church is accepting resumes at this time for any candidates who are interested in pastoral leadership, ordained, and Baptist minister that demonstrates a committed life to God that reflects the qualities listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, to pastor our church. All interested candidates, please submit a current resume to:
The Pulpit Search Committee
Greater Liberty Baptist Church
330 Chestnut Street
Lexington, KY 40508.
The church will not be responsible for travel expenses.
Resumes must be received no later than May 31, 2015.
Any questions, please contact The Pulpit Search Committee at (859) 252-2495
by Robert Earl Houston
Dr. Samuel Eugene Thornton, 90, went home to be with the Lord on April 22, 2015. He served as pastor of the Derrick Memorial Baptist Church for over 35 years until his health failed.
Dr. Thornton leaves to cherish his memory: Wife, Helen Thornton; Son, Pastor Matthew J. (Nell) Thornton; Daughters, Veronica (Ronald) Thornton-Littleberry, Monica (Patrick) Holiday-Goodman; 16 grandchildren; 9 great grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Final arrangements entrusted to the Barksdale Funeral Home, 1120 E. State Fair, Detroit, Michigan 48203. Fax: 313-368-7428.
Homegoing Services have been scheduled as follows:
PUBLIC VISITATION – Friday, May 1, 2015
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Derrick Memorial Baptist Church
2048 East Seven Mile
FAMILY HOUR – Friday, May 1, 2015
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Derrick Memorial Baptist Church
2048 East Seven Mile
FAMILY HOUR – Saturday, May 2, 2015
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Derrick Memorial Baptist Church
2048 East Seven Mile
HOMEGOING SERVICE – Saturday, May 2, 2015
Derrick Memorial Baptist Church
2048 East Seven Mile
INTERMENT – Evergreen Cemetery, Detroit, Michigan