Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church is seeking a God-Called, Ordained Baptist Pastor to edify through God’s Holy Word, and to direct our congregation by divine example, strong leadership abilities, and Scriptural teaching. Submit the candidate package by mail.
Candidate Package must contain:
1. Current Resume including summary of relevant ministry, professional and educational experience;
2. Copy of Ministerial License(s), Ordination Certificate, and Degree(s);
3. Three Recommendation Letters: Two from fellow clergy and one personal.
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 8496
Paducah, Kentucky 42002
The Zion Missionary Baptist Church of Fort Worth, Texas is now accepting resumes to fill the position of Pastor.
Please mail resumes to:
Zion Missionary Baptist Church
PO Box 101145
Fort Worth, Texas 76185
Attention: Pulpit Search Committee
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30, 2014
We are located in Fort Worth’s historic Lake Como community. The Zion Baptist Church has a strong emphasis on serving God and HIs people. The church has historically been involved in the spiritual growth and civic development of the local community. Established in 1919 the Zion Baptist Church has shared the good news of Jesus Christ for over 95 years.
A successful candidate must meet the following qualifications: Be a Born-again, baptized believer in Jesus Christ. Candidates must be Holy Spirit filled and guided by the Biblical principles set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION – LOVE CENTER MINISTRIES – To download application: http://www.lovecenter.org
Description: The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation of Love Center Ministries (LCM), and to lead us in broad based evangelism to the surrounding community. This includes providing spiritual leadership through example, preaching/teaching; working with the Board of Governors in establishing and implementing the vision of the church, equipping the congregation for the various works of ministry, and through the shepherding of the people in partnership with the Board, Ecclesiastical Council, and Ministry and Auxiliary leaders. Accountability: The Senior Pastor reports directly to the Board of Governors. This position will be evaluated annually under the direction of the Board of Governors and General Overseer in addition to informal, ongoing reflection and re-evaluation.
• Professes faith in the work of Jesus Christ for salvation and has a solid personal relationship with Christ • Demonstrates a life submitted to Christ through lifestyle choices, words, and practice
• Master’s Degree of Divinity
• Proven leadership in an outreach minded church
• Ordained pastor with 10+year of pastoral experience with background in a metropolitan or urban church setting preferred.
• Be computer proficient and able to relate to and participate in social media.
Leadership/Leadership Development & Discipleship – (25%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A cooperative, self-confident motivator
• An inspirer of all with the vision of the church
• An effective team builder to bring other disciple-makers alongside
• Someone committed to developing the congregation to their highest level of spiritual maturity
• A spiritual leader who provides ministry workers with the direction and tools for their jobs
• Works alongside the board in the maintenance of a compelling vision, and acts as the key implementation champion for the strategic plan
• Schedules and participates in the planning and leadership of an annual Pastors and Board retreat that educates, motivates, and supports Pastors and Board members alike.
• Leads the Ecclesiastical staff/volunteer team
• Will create a leadership process that is implemented across the ministries of the congregation which strategically develops key leaders, next level leaders, and emerging leaders for the discipleship process.
• Will train or arrange for the training of the congregation through teaching and in workshops, discipleship experiences, mentoring and coaching.
• Teaches a New Members Class at least twice a year that provides a forum to integrate new congregants into an understanding of LCM’s vision and mission, and various opportunities for service within the church and the community
• Other duties as assigned
Preaching/Worship – (30%) The Senior Pastor is:
• An effective communicator in accurately taking the whole word of God and providing avenues of application that the congregation understands
• Someone whose genuine spiritual life shows through in preaching
• A Spirit-led, mature believer who speaks from experience
• A disciple-maker who leads others into greater commitment
• An evangelist who speaks the message of Jesus to those who wish to hear
• Plan and implement a weekly teaching schedule that allows attendees to learn the whole truth of God, and to mobilize their daily walk of faith, and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
• Prepares preaching schedules in advance, and reviews with the Board of Governors and Ecclesiastical Council quarterly
• Meets weekly with the Ecclesiastical Council and Ministers to evaluate and plan all regular and special services
• Ensures that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design
• Creates regular opportunities for people to respond to the message of Christ through evangelistic messages with the result of growth in the Sunday service
Outreach/Community Engagement – (15%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A model of interaction with the community
• A spokesperson for LCM and the church within the wider community Duties/Responsibilities:
• Engages in the community through involvement in clubs, committees, as a speaker and/or facilitator or volunteer in key community endeavors according to passion, giftedness and interest
• Equips and mobilizes the membership within the church in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
Congregational Relations/Pastoral Care – (25%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A compassionate and empathetic shepherd
• A discerning peace maker Duties/Responsibilities:
• Inspires the congregation to spiritual maturity through personal example
• Provides care for spiritual, emotional and physical needs in partnership with other church leaders
• Administers Lord’s Supper, with Minister/Pastor, outside of church services as necessary for shut-ins in their homes etc.
• Proactively identifies problems/ challenges and offers creative solutions for resolution (conflict management) • Hospital visits as needed
• Provides minor counseling (supportive listening), and refers to professionals for those needing more extensive counseling as needed
• Conducts baptisms and funerals, pre-marriage counseling, and weddings as required.
Professional Development/Personal Growth – (5%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A life-long learner Duties/Responsibilities:
• Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines
• Attend courses/workshops as appropriate
• Attend a small group as a participant, and/or lead a small group
• Will develop an annual plan in cooperation with Board of Governors and Overseer. Key performance indicators will be reviewed biannually with the Board of Governors.
A full performance evaluation will be completed annually Compensation and Benefits Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Insurance coverage and other benefits are set forth in LCM’s Policy & Procedure Manual. Anyone applying for this position will be granting Love Center Ministries, Inc. permission to do background checks. These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position. Completed applications can be mailed to Love Center Ministries, Inc., 10440 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94603; Attn: Senior Pastor Search. Please mark envelope CONFIDENTIAL or sent to Applications@lovecenter.org. All applications must be postmarked and/or received by September 26, 2014.
Love Center Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. JOB APPLICATION LOVE CENTER MINISTRIES, INC. 10440 International Boulevard Oakland, California 94603 (510) 567-0586 Love Center Ministries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Source: American Baptist Newspaper, Louisville, Kentucky
Greater Second Baptist Church
1371 North G Street
Richmond, Indiana 47374
Greater Second Baptist Church is seeking an ordained preacher/teacher to fill the position of pastor. All resumes should be sent to:
c/o Marilyn Givens
1209 N.W. 19th Street
Richmond, Indiana 47374
From the American Baptist Newspaper
The First Baptist Church in Columbia, Kentucky is seeking a minister to pastor our congregation. He must preach and teach sound doctrine, without compromise. He must love the Lord and love all God’s people. The Pulpit Committee will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by a candidate, i.e., all travel and lodging expenses. Resumes and letters of inquiry should be sent by October 3, 2014 to:
First Baptist Church
P.O. Box 956
Columbia, Kentucky 42728
Mount Vernon Missionary Baptist Church is now accepting resumes to fill the position of Pastor. Please send resumes to:
Mt. Vernon Missionary Baptist Church
Attn: Pastoral Search Committee
PO Box 161836
Louisville, Kentucky 40216
NOTE: The Pastoral Search Committee will not be responsible for travel and lodging expenses incurred by a candidate.
Resumes must be postmarked by Monday, September 15, 2014.
Vacant Pastoral Staff Position: Associate Pastor of Family Ministries, St. John’s Congregational Church, Springfield, MA (Deadline July 25, 2014)
St. John’s Congregational Church
St. John’s Congregational Church in Springfield, MA is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Family Ministries. St. John’s, a predominantly African-American congregation, has been pointing souls to a better religious, social and economic life since it was founded in 1844. It is located in an urban, multi-ethnic community and enjoys growing ethnic and cultural diversity in its membership. Currently, St. John’s has over 1,500 individuals on its membership rolls and a weekly attendance of between 650-700. There are approximately 30 ministries that provide service, support, fellowship and outreach to the congregation and beyond. St. John’s is on the cutting edge of ministry in New England.
ST. JOHN’S CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR
HOURS: 40 PER WEEK
STATUS: FULL TIME
The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries shares in the basic functions of pastoral ministry with special emphasis in areas related to ministries directly related to the Family. The Associate Pastor will plan, organize and implement, along with ministry coordinators, a wide range of activities for those under their care. He/she will be responsible for recruiting and training adult and youth volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Primary Responsibilities involve, but not limited to the following duties:
- Participates in the leadership of worship in the congregation on a regularly scheduled basis.
- On an ongoing basis, plans for, organizes, and implements a youth activities program for school-aged youth and young adults.
- Plans, organizes, and implements special youth worship services, retreats, camps, trips, etc.
- Develops youth leadership to assist in ongoing and special youth programs.
- Recruits, orients and trains adult volunteers to assist in youth activities and special events.
- Advocates youth issues to the congregation with the objective of making the youth more visible to and involved with the congregation.
- Plans and promotes worship education and leadership skill development for ministries.
- Maintains regular contact with youth and young adults as may be required. Available on a limited basis for crisis intervention and counseling. Serves as a resource for those involved in ministries for the development of their own faith journey and to assist in coping with challenges of daily life.
- Works cooperatively with the church staff to coordinate activities with those of the whole church and to help achieve the church’s mission and goals.
- Supervises the following ministries and ministry volunteers:
Youth Ministry Coordinator(s)
Children’s Ministry Coordinator(s)
Married Couples Ministry Coordinator(s)
Single’s Ministry Coordinator(s)
Seasoned Saints Ministry Coordinator(s)
- Performs other duties as may be requested or required from time to time by the Senior Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will be a person who:
- Is gifted and is called to youth ministry and who can teach/preach, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level;
- Knows the Bible and can relate faith to the needs of children, youth and their families;
- Has the ability to communicate and demonstrate his/her personal life journey, faith, love and commitment to Christ daily;
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with, preferably leading youth, young adult ministries or family ministries;
- Must have strong skills to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with minimum supervision and follow-up;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is willing and able to take initiative and problem-solve when necessary;
- Has a high standard in attitude, outlook, and morals, with an awareness of the importance of example.
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree. A theological degree (Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Theology) is preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references (2 ministry and 1 personal), and a DVD or video clip demonstrating your preaching and teaching abilities.
Mail applications to:
St. John’s Congregational Church
Attn: Associate Pastor Search Committee
45 Hancock Street
Springfield, MA 01109
Deadline: Applications are due Friday, July 25, 2014.
St. John’s Congregational Church
45 Hancock Street
Springfield, MA 01109
Pastor Vacancy Announcement
Tabernacle Baptist Church of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is currently seeking a full-time pastor. We are a loving, historical church and we are affiliated with the East Zion Consolidated District, the Oklahoma State Missionary Baptist Convention, and the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
The church is seeking a spirit-filled leader with sterling qualifications. A seminary-trained leader with a minimum of five years of experience as a pastor is p…referred. Tabernacle seeks a gifted teacher and an effective communicator. The applicant must be able to provide pastoral care to our multi-generational congregation. This leader must have a divine calling and fully embrace the Baptist Doctrine.
Click the link below to download an application package.
If you are unable to download this application, you may request a copy by calling the church office at 405-424-7767; between the hours of 10:00am – 2:00pm, Tuesday – Friday.
Applications and resumes will be accepted July 1 through July 31, 2014.
Please submit by U.S. Mail to:
Pastor Search Committee
Tabernacle Baptist Church
P. O. Box 721863
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172
The committee will acknowledge receipt of all applications and resumes.
Questions may be referred to:
Deacon Roderick Bruner
Deaconess Ruby Harris