Vacant Pulpit: Harmony Missionary Baptist Church, Oakland, CA (updated 11/28/14) (new deadline: January 17, 2015)
Harmony Missionary Baptist Church is seeking a Pastor who will provide spirit-directed, visionary leadership for our church, and possesses excellent skills in the areas of preaching, teaching, counseling and congregational leadership development. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of pastoral experience, be licensed and ordained by a creditable, licensed ordination committee and have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible College.
Mail a cover letter, resume and ministerial license(s) to:
Harmony Missionary Baptist Church
ATTN: Pulpit Committee
P.O. BOX 3330
Oakland, CA 94609
Resumes must be postmarked between 11-16-2014 and 01-17-2015. Review the Qualification Summary and Instructions for Applicants and other pertinent information on our website at: www.harmonymbc.org
You may also visit us on FaceBook at Harmony Missionary Baptist Church, Oakland CA 94609
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Park Ridge Baptist Church, Sparta, Kentucky (a small rural congregation) is now accepting resumes to fill the position of Pastor. A successful candidate must meet the following qualifications: Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ, and must be guided by Biblical principles set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Send resumes to: Pulpit Committee, Park Ridge Baptist Church, c/o 4229 Arbor Court, Independence, KY 41051. Resumes will be accepted until November 17, 2014. The church will not be responsible for travel expenses.
Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church is seeking a God-called, ordained baptist pastor to edify through God’s Holy Word and to direct our congregation by divine example, strong leadership abilities, and Scriptural teaching. Submit the candidate package by mail to: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, Pastor Search Committee, PO Box 8496, Paducah, Kentucky 42002. Deadline for submission is November 30, 2014. Candidate package must contain: (1) Current resume including summary of relevant ministry, professional and educational experience; (2) Copy of Ministerial License, Ordination Certificate and Degrees; (3) Three Recommendation Letters: Two from fellow clergy and one personal.
UNION BAPTIST CHURCH 233 Glenwood Avenue Easton, Maryland 21601
Union Baptist Church officially organized itself in 1887. The mission statement is: The Union Baptist Church, in seeking to glorify God in everything it does, will provide a foundation for Christian development and growth, and a foundation for the enhancement of Christian maturity. We therefore, will strive to proclaim the Gospel to all people through Christian teachings and living, planning and training our local congregation as well as the community. We further proclaim to build and maintain reciprocal relationships with other Christian churches and community organizations.
Pastoral Vacancy Announcement *revised*
Candidates must possess at least a Master of Divinity or Theology degree from an accredited theological seminary and have at least six (6) years of pastoral experience or significant related experience which includes experience in church administration (e.g., Assistant Pastor, Executive Pastor, Associate Minister). Candidates must also be licensed and ordained in the Baptist church. Candidates must be Holy Ghost filled and guided by the Biblical principles set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Candidates must have a passion for discipleship and mentoring individuals, families and the congregation as a whole. Candidates’ personal character and financial standing must be above reproach both inside and outside the church.
Candidates must be an effective communicator and demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver biblically sound, stimulating and spirit-filled sermons. Candidates should also have a demonstrated aptness for Bible-based teaching: have strong interpersonal skills; be approachable; and demonstrate inclusiveness for all demographics of the congregation. In addition, candidates must be able to spiritually counsel members of the congregation; be proficient in the use of technology; and be open to new ideas.
The successful candidate will have a vision for growing church membership that is both educated in the Word of God and strong in relationship with Christ, particularly a vision, commitment and experience for increasing the numbers and spiritual development of youth and young adults in the congregation. The successful candidate will also have a proven record as a skilled administrator and manager of church staff and programs. In addition, the successful candidate will have a proven record of developing leaders. Finally, the successful candidate will have a commitment to Christian Education and a zeal for missions and evangelism.
All interested and qualified persons must submit an Application Packet consisting of the following information:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae which should include a summary of relevant ministry professional and educational experiences;
- Copies of any ministerial licenses;
- Copies of any ordination certificates;
- Copies of diplomas and degrees
- Three (3) current letters of reference
- one from clergy
- one from a layperson
- one from personal friend/acquaintance
Candidates may be asked to submit two videoed sermons at some point during the application process. The Pulpit Committee will formally request videos, if needed.
Applications must be postmarked by November 30, 2014. Any application received after this date will not be considered. NOTE: Missing information may result in automatic disqualification. Final candidates must consent to a reference check, a full background check including criminal history, a drug test, and a credit check. The background check will be performed by an outside agency for complete confidentiality. All information submitted will be considered “confidential” and For Official Use Only.
Submit completed application documents to:
Union Baptist Church Attn: Sis. Rose Potter 233 Glenwood Avenue Easton, Maryland 21601
Pastoral responsibilities include duties in the follow: Worship Services
- Preaching (Preach the gospel by preparing and delivering relevant, spirit-filled sermons)
- Worship Leadership (Plan and conduct worship services)
- Administration of the Holy Ordinances (Baptism and Communion)
- Officiate at weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.
- Teaching (Bible study, membership classes, seminars, and other Christian Education training)
- Training church leaders
- Evangelistic, ethical or discipleship concerns and issues
- Pre-marital/Marital counseling of church members
- Spiritual counseling of church members
- Visitation (Evangelism)
- Minister to sick/shut in and bereaved church members (homes, hospitals, nursing
- Serve as the chief officer of the church, carrying out, with church officers, the policies and mandates duly approved by the congregation
- Serve as moderator of church business meetings except in meetings where the tenure of the pastor is discussed
- Serve as ex-officio member of all ministries, committees, and organizations of the church
- Collaborate Church Council with the to lead the congregation in developing a comprehensive business operation plan for the church
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for healthy church growth, to include among other things, spiritual growth, membership growth, financial growth and facility growth
- Supervise, mentor and prepare written annual evaluations of the paid church staff along with the trustees
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to corporate social responsibility
Demonstrate financial awareness and responsibility Worship
Leads the congregation with an attitude and lifestyle of worship through o Preaching and teaching God’s Word
o Evangelism outreach
o Music and praise
o Commitment to marriage and family
o Building relationships
o Dedication to prayer
o Integrity in the workplace and in all things for the Glory of God
Equips the saints for acts of service, evangelism, and discipleship training; recognizes the gifts and talents of the church body; actively promotes opportunities to share the gospel with the unsaved and to grow all believers to maturity in Christ.
Works with and guides existing church staff; delegates responsibilities appropriately; works collaboratively with and encourages the efforts of the church boards, committees, ministries to successfully function as a church body; does not micromanage; strong and effective communicator; strong organizational skills, embraces and leverages technology as a tool for administration and effective ministry.
Is a role model; maintains the highest standard for ethical conduct and integrity; transparent; willing to admit failures; a living example; demonstrates good stewardship in managing personal finances.
Experience: A licensed or ordained minister holding to Baptist teachings; six years or more of senior pastoral experience is required; significant related experience which includes experiences in church administration (e.g., Assistant Pastor, Executive Pastor, Associate Minister); the applicant’s education must include at least a Master of Divinity or Theology from an accredited theological seminary.
Preaching: Preaches with an emphasis on exegetical/expository preaching with a sound, unwavering commitment to the Word of God; carefully guards the pulpit entrusted to him from strange doctrines and worldly thinking; preaches the whole counsel of God, not for personal agendas, political correctness, nor fear of man’s opinions.
Teaching: Emphasizing Christian Education has a demonstrated aptness for Bible-based teaching; leads and teaches stimulating Bible studies, classes and seminars.
Leadership: Leads by biblical example and lifestyle, putting God first, family, and church family; eager to serve with humility; has a teachable spirit, and sees oneself as an equal part of the body of Christ under His headship – first among equals.
Shepherding: Considers the needs of the entire church; watches over the flock; guards the church body from false teachings, and secular ideas; encourages and reaches out to all members of the church family regardless of age or gender or race; works to bridge generational gaps; promotes a spirit of unity and of love among all members of the body.
Pastoral Counseling: Gives sound, biblical counsel, advice, and guidance; encourages mature believers in the faith to assist with counseling opportunities through various ministries and outreach opportunities.
Prayer: Prays dedicatedly for the saints and encourages a lifestyle of prayer; is committed to both public prayer (congregational/small group outreach) and private prayer (with spouse and children/personal alone time); leads by example.
Outreach/Evangelism: Is committed to making an impact on the surrounding communities and then throughout all the earth with the gospel of Jesus Christ, with various ministries, missions and outreach opportunities.
Vision: Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the church family; learns from past successes and failures; recognizes the gifts, talents, and faithfulness of its members; builds upon the biblical principles and standards which have endured for generations in order to cast a vision for the future of God’s people at Union Baptist Church.
Fellowship: Actively encourages and promotes both intra-and interchurch fellowship with those of like faith (not necessarily of like denomination).
Central Baptist Church
“The Church Where Everybody Is Somebody”
2400 California Street Denver, CO 80205
Senior Pastor Position Available
Sis. Lois Y. Johnson: Chairperson 2400 California Street
Denver, CO 80205 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org 303-388-1246
Deacon Michael Griffin: Co-Chairperson 2400 California Street
Denver, CO 80205
Congregation Size: 400; Active Members: 200 Denomination: National Baptist USA Participation: Active
About Us: Central Baptist Church is a 123 year old Landmark located in the Historic Five Points Community, Denver’s first predominantly African-American neighborhood. This dynamic neighborhood is currently experiencing a period of resurgence and revitalization, creating new housing and business opportunities which maximize its near downtown Denver location.
Central serves as a Beacon of Hope and Salvation for this immediate community, the city of Denver, the State of Colorado and beyond.
Through the efforts of the Church leadership and the very dedicated and loyal membership, Central embarked upon a long range building project in 2004. This plan included the purchasing of the remaining city block of 2400 to 2500 California Street. In addition, this long range plan includes the retention and renovation of the old Historical Sanctuary. The first phase of the project was completed in September 2006.
Generally, the Church enjoys a dynamic, progressive Sunday School and worship service each Sunday. Our Deacon and Deaconess Ministries capitalize on the Holy Spirit already present in each member, setting the tone for the divine inspired message to come. All of our services are accompanied by a spirit filled melodious Mass Choir, Male Chorus, or Youth\Children Choir on their respective Sundays to serve, under the Direction of a very talented Minister of Music.
Our congregation is comprised of many long time, loyal and committed Christians. It’s a diverse educational, socio-economical membership\audience that includes youth, young adults, singles and many families. They are hardworking, loyal, unique, eager to learn, and determined to serve our extended communities through various ministries.
One of our Associate Ministers currently serves as the Interim Pastor. There is also a part time Administrative Assistant on Staff.
Senior Pastor Qualification:
- Spiritually Gifted
- Excellent Communicator
- Quality People Skills
- Called by God (Confirmed from other believers)
- Fulfills Scriptural description of qualifications as written in (Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-
9) and other Biblical References.
- Minimum 5 years of ministerial/pastoral experience
- Demonstrates the epitome of moral integrity: models and lives it daily
- Agrees with the constitutions and by-laws of Central Baptist Church
The Senior Pastor shall be instrumental in facilitating the development of Church Ministries and program including but not limited to Youth Ministries.
The Senior Pastor is mutually accountable to the official boards and serves at the pleasure of the congregation. The Senior Pastor will lead and encourage the execution of God’s vision, mission and goals for the Church. Formal preaching, teaching and personal relations will facilitate the delivery of the Gospel message.
All interested persons, please respond by: January 30, 2015.
The Pulpit Committee of Second Missionary Baptist Church in Chattanooga, TN is prayerfully seeking a full-time Senior Pastor called by God to serve as the spiritual leader of the congregation. Our Church is committed to fulfill our purpose, which is the enhancement and advancement of the Kingdom of God through worship, preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ, evangelism, missionary endeavors, teaching of sound Baptist doctrine, engaging in pastoral care, Christian education, and Church ministries. The church profile, job description and application are located on www.smbchurch.org website under Pulpit Committee. The requested information must be postmarked by December 1, 2014. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
New Covenant Baptist Church, P.O. 11147, Louisville, KY 40251
New Covenant Baptist Church now accepting resumes to fill the position of Pastor.
New Covenant Baptist is seeking an ordained preacher / teacher to fill the position of pastor.
All travel and lodging expenses will be the responsibility of the candidate.
Please send resumes and letter of interest to: New Covenant Baptist Church
Attn: Pastoral Search Committee P.O. Box 11147, Louisville KY 40251.
“Resumes and letter of interest must be postmarked by November 30, 2014”.
Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church is seeking a God-Called, Ordained Baptist Pastor to edify through God’s Holy Word, and to direct our congregation by divine example, strong leadership abilities, and Scriptural teaching. Submit the candidate package by mail.
Candidate Package must contain:
1. Current Resume including summary of relevant ministry, professional and educational experience;
2. Copy of Ministerial License(s), Ordination Certificate, and Degree(s);
3. Three Recommendation Letters: Two from fellow clergy and one personal.
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 8496
Paducah, Kentucky 42002
The Zion Missionary Baptist Church of Fort Worth, Texas is now accepting resumes to fill the position of Pastor.
Please mail resumes to:
Zion Missionary Baptist Church
PO Box 101145
Fort Worth, Texas 76185
Attention: Pulpit Search Committee
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30, 2014
We are located in Fort Worth’s historic Lake Como community. The Zion Baptist Church has a strong emphasis on serving God and HIs people. The church has historically been involved in the spiritual growth and civic development of the local community. Established in 1919 the Zion Baptist Church has shared the good news of Jesus Christ for over 95 years.
A successful candidate must meet the following qualifications: Be a Born-again, baptized believer in Jesus Christ. Candidates must be Holy Spirit filled and guided by the Biblical principles set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION – LOVE CENTER MINISTRIES – To download application: http://www.lovecenter.org
Description: The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation of Love Center Ministries (LCM), and to lead us in broad based evangelism to the surrounding community. This includes providing spiritual leadership through example, preaching/teaching; working with the Board of Governors in establishing and implementing the vision of the church, equipping the congregation for the various works of ministry, and through the shepherding of the people in partnership with the Board, Ecclesiastical Council, and Ministry and Auxiliary leaders. Accountability: The Senior Pastor reports directly to the Board of Governors. This position will be evaluated annually under the direction of the Board of Governors and General Overseer in addition to informal, ongoing reflection and re-evaluation.
• Professes faith in the work of Jesus Christ for salvation and has a solid personal relationship with Christ • Demonstrates a life submitted to Christ through lifestyle choices, words, and practice
• Master’s Degree of Divinity
• Proven leadership in an outreach minded church
• Ordained pastor with 10+year of pastoral experience with background in a metropolitan or urban church setting preferred.
• Be computer proficient and able to relate to and participate in social media.
Leadership/Leadership Development & Discipleship – (25%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A cooperative, self-confident motivator
• An inspirer of all with the vision of the church
• An effective team builder to bring other disciple-makers alongside
• Someone committed to developing the congregation to their highest level of spiritual maturity
• A spiritual leader who provides ministry workers with the direction and tools for their jobs
• Works alongside the board in the maintenance of a compelling vision, and acts as the key implementation champion for the strategic plan
• Schedules and participates in the planning and leadership of an annual Pastors and Board retreat that educates, motivates, and supports Pastors and Board members alike.
• Leads the Ecclesiastical staff/volunteer team
• Will create a leadership process that is implemented across the ministries of the congregation which strategically develops key leaders, next level leaders, and emerging leaders for the discipleship process.
• Will train or arrange for the training of the congregation through teaching and in workshops, discipleship experiences, mentoring and coaching.
• Teaches a New Members Class at least twice a year that provides a forum to integrate new congregants into an understanding of LCM’s vision and mission, and various opportunities for service within the church and the community
• Other duties as assigned
Preaching/Worship – (30%) The Senior Pastor is:
• An effective communicator in accurately taking the whole word of God and providing avenues of application that the congregation understands
• Someone whose genuine spiritual life shows through in preaching
• A Spirit-led, mature believer who speaks from experience
• A disciple-maker who leads others into greater commitment
• An evangelist who speaks the message of Jesus to those who wish to hear
• Plan and implement a weekly teaching schedule that allows attendees to learn the whole truth of God, and to mobilize their daily walk of faith, and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
• Prepares preaching schedules in advance, and reviews with the Board of Governors and Ecclesiastical Council quarterly
• Meets weekly with the Ecclesiastical Council and Ministers to evaluate and plan all regular and special services
• Ensures that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design
• Creates regular opportunities for people to respond to the message of Christ through evangelistic messages with the result of growth in the Sunday service
Outreach/Community Engagement – (15%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A model of interaction with the community
• A spokesperson for LCM and the church within the wider community Duties/Responsibilities:
• Engages in the community through involvement in clubs, committees, as a speaker and/or facilitator or volunteer in key community endeavors according to passion, giftedness and interest
• Equips and mobilizes the membership within the church in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
Congregational Relations/Pastoral Care – (25%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A compassionate and empathetic shepherd
• A discerning peace maker Duties/Responsibilities:
• Inspires the congregation to spiritual maturity through personal example
• Provides care for spiritual, emotional and physical needs in partnership with other church leaders
• Administers Lord’s Supper, with Minister/Pastor, outside of church services as necessary for shut-ins in their homes etc.
• Proactively identifies problems/ challenges and offers creative solutions for resolution (conflict management) • Hospital visits as needed
• Provides minor counseling (supportive listening), and refers to professionals for those needing more extensive counseling as needed
• Conducts baptisms and funerals, pre-marriage counseling, and weddings as required.
Professional Development/Personal Growth – (5%) The Senior Pastor is:
• A life-long learner Duties/Responsibilities:
• Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines
• Attend courses/workshops as appropriate
• Attend a small group as a participant, and/or lead a small group
• Will develop an annual plan in cooperation with Board of Governors and Overseer. Key performance indicators will be reviewed biannually with the Board of Governors.
A full performance evaluation will be completed annually Compensation and Benefits Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Insurance coverage and other benefits are set forth in LCM’s Policy & Procedure Manual. Anyone applying for this position will be granting Love Center Ministries, Inc. permission to do background checks. These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position. Completed applications can be mailed to Love Center Ministries, Inc., 10440 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94603; Attn: Senior Pastor Search. Please mark envelope CONFIDENTIAL or sent to Applications@lovecenter.org. All applications must be postmarked and/or received by September 26, 2014.
Love Center Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. JOB APPLICATION LOVE CENTER MINISTRIES, INC. 10440 International Boulevard Oakland, California 94603 (510) 567-0586 Love Center Ministries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Source: American Baptist Newspaper, Louisville, Kentucky
Greater Second Baptist Church
1371 North G Street
Richmond, Indiana 47374
Greater Second Baptist Church is seeking an ordained preacher/teacher to fill the position of pastor. All resumes should be sent to:
c/o Marilyn Givens
1209 N.W. 19th Street
Richmond, Indiana 47374