(From the American Baptist Newspaper, Louisville, KY, November 18, 2013 Edition)
The Utterington Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a Pastor, called and sent by God. All interested and qualified persons must submit an initial candidate package consisting of the following information:
- Cover Letter and Current Resume
- Certificate of Ministerial License and/or Ordination
- Copy of Awarded Degree(s) if applicable
- Four (4) Recommendation Letters: (2) Clergy and (2) Personal
All information submitted to the Pastoral Search Committee will be treated as “Confidential.” Submit to:
Attention: Pastoral Search Committee
Utteringtown Baptist Church
2995 Royster Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40516
NO phone calls will be accepted. The deadline for all information to be submitted is Tuesday, December 31, 2013. The Pulpit Committee will acknowledge receipt of all candidate packages that are submitted to us on a timely basis.
All resumes are to be mailed to:
Flint , MI
Resumes with accompanying DVD or VHS should be sent to:
METROPOLITAN BAPTIST TABERNACLE
C/O DEACON BOARD
930 E.MYRTLE AVE FLINT, MI 48505
See the link below for the information:
Brooklyn, New York – Bethel Baptist Church
Due to the recent death of our pastor, the pulpit committee is accepting resumes for the position of pastor, one who has a vision to build and help us to grow. The candidate should be one who demonstrates the qualities of a pastor; 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
Bethel Baptist Church was built in 1906 in South Brooklyn and has been a beacon light in the community for 107 years. Bethel was the first African American Church built in South Brooklyn by a pastor and his congregation from the ground up. We worship in one of the most beautiful edifices in Brooklyn. We are very fortunate and proud that during our 107 years of existence we have only had four pastors.
The church is located near downtown and only a few blocks from the Barclay’s Arena. The size of the congregation is approximately 300 plus members. We are affiliated with the National Baptist Convention USA and the Empire State Missionary Baptist Convention.
Seriously interested candidate should meet the following qualifications:
Must be a Born again Christian with strong family and community values.
Licensed ordained Baptist Minister with at least 5 years of pastoral leadership experience.
Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach the Bible, provide Christian leadership, and engage in pastoral care for the congregation.
Exemplify Christ like character
Be in good financial standing
Candidate must provide the following:
Copy of Certification of license and ordination
Copy of Degree(s) from a 4 year accredited college/theological seminary
DVD or CD of a recent biblically based sermon and teaching.
Please submit the above information no later than January 31, 2014 to:
Bethel Baptist Church
265 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, New York 11217
Attn: Pulpit Committee Chair
The pulpit committee will acknowledge the receipt of all timely submitted candidate packages. Final candidates will be notified and sent additional information. All information received by the pulpit committee will be “treated” as confidential.
Courtesy: The American Baptist Newspaper, October 21, 2013 Edition
Watson Memorial Baptist Church is actively praying and searching for our next pastor under the guidance of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Please review the job description at www.watsonmbc.org and submit your resume or mail to:
Watson Memorial Baptist Church
PO Box 91074
Louisville, Kentucky 40291
Emmanuel Baptist Church
717 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Emmanuel Baptist Church of Worcester, Massachusetts , is a congregation with membership in the United Baptist, American Baptist, and the Progressive Baptist Conventions. Emmanuel was established in 1977 by founder and current Pastor, Rev. Richard Wright. The church currently has approximately 150 members. Our church motto is “Where the body meets the soul, a stranger meets a friend, and a sinner meets God”. Our members are committed to many ministry programs that reflect our desire to fulfill these goals.
Emmanuel has weekly prayer meetings and fellowship events. Our ministries include the following: Deacon, Trustee, Christian Education, Youth Fellowship, Usher Board, Missionary, Men’s Fellowship, Women’s Fellowship, Music Ministries, and a Thrift Shop. Our Thrift Shop supports the local community five days a week. Emmanuel has a weekly radio program on WCUW 91.3 FM and can now be heard worldwide through Internet streaming.
The church currently has Sunday School and a traditional worship service on Sunday mornings. The church employs a music director/organist and pianist. The church has two choirs, an Adult choir and a Youth choir. Specifically, we have identified a need to add young families to our church. We are seeking a pastor who will resonate with all demographics, but especially young adults and youth.
Emmanuel Baptist Church is prominently located in the heart of the city of Worcester, which has a population, of about 184,200 residents. The brick structure was erected in 1853 as the Third Baptist Church. The main sanctuary can seat about 500 people. The church has a fellowship hall, gym, kitchen, and meeting spaces. Emmanuel is also the headquarters of the New England Baptist Convention for Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. Many groups visit our sanctuary to see the stained glass window and architecture. The location is an historical landmark.
The city of Worcester is centrally located in Massachusetts. The city is in close proximity to Hartford, CT, Boston, MA, and Providence, RI.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Preach and teach the inerrant word of God with clarity.
2. Observe the ordinances of Baptism and Holy Communion
3. Provide pastoral care through visitation, counseling, and prayer
4. Provide guidance and leadership to the Ministry of Christian Education
5. Provide guidance for church administration and stewardship programs
6. Provide training and development of Church Officers
7. Officiate at special services and ceremonies
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
1. Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
2. At least three years experience as a pastor, assistant pastor, or youth minister
3. Prefer applicant to live within a 20 mile radius of church location
Send cover letter and resume to:
Announcement for Pulpit Vacancy
Thursday, August 29, 2013
The Mt. Calvary Baptist Church of Albany, NY is prayerfully searching for a Senior Pastor due to the recent retirement of our Pastor, Rev. Robert W. Dixon, after thirty-six years of God-led service to our congregation. Mt. Calvary has been established in the City of Albany for seventy-eight years and we are affiliated with the National Baptist Convention, USA, the Empire Missionary Baptist Convention of New York State and the Central Hudson Baptist Association. We are a church with great potential for spiritual and physical growth located in the South End of the City of Albany
We are seeking a Pastor who meets the following minimum requirements:
1. Must be guided by the principles set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus1:5-9
2. Must be a person of prayer, good faith, Godly character and Divinely called to God’s ministry
3. Must be baptized by immersion as set forth by Baptist doctrine
4. Must have personal character and financial standing that is above reproach, both inside and outside the church
5. Must be able to lead, and communicate effectively with congregants and key staff of the church
6. Must practice the Biblical principles of Christian stewardship
1. Must be licensed, trained and ordained in the Baptist ministry
2. Must have, at least, a Bachelor’s Degree from a seminary, divinity school or Bible college
3. Pastoral experience preferred
4. Must have a demonstrated ability to deliver biblically sound, inspirational and spirit- filled sermons
5. Must exhibit great leadership, administrative and communication abilities
6. Must be an effective teacher of Christian education and Baptist doctrine
Duties of the Pastor:
1. Serve as spiritual leader for the congregation
2. Provide guidance, instruction and support for all ministries of the Church
3. Plan and conduct worship service
4. Officiate at weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion and other functions of the Church
5. Provide Pastoral guidance and counseling to congregants as needed
6. Develop and teach Christian Education to promote the spiritual growth and understanding of the congregation
7. Develop and grow the Youth of the church into strong, committed Christians
8. Show a service commitment to the local community through church programs
9. Provide Pastoral guidance and comfort during times of congregant bereavement, illness, or other conditions of tribulation.
If you feel that you meet the minimum qualifications outlined above, please submit the following items to the Pulpit Committee for consideration:
A Current resume
A cover letter explaining why you are interested in pastoring our church and any other information you would like the Committee to know about you
Copy of certificate of license and ordination
Copy of your degree(s) as described in Professional Requirements
Written references from at least two clergy, two laypersons, and two other persons, not related to you, who have known you for at least five (5) years.
A DVD of a recent biblically based sermon AND teaching session.
Please mail these items, NO LATER THAN Tuesday, December 31, 2013 to:
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church
ATTN: Pulpit Committee
P.O. Box 5404
Albany, NY 12205
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL THESE ITEMS TO THE CHURCH’S ADDRESS.
USE ONLY THE PO BOX LISTED ABOVE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
The Pulpit Committee will acknowledge receipt of all candidate packages that are submitted to us on a timely basis. Final candidates will be notified and sent additional instructions and information.