Clay Street Missionary Baptist Church located in Shelbyville, Kentucky is seeking a Senior Pastor, who is called and dedicated to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor preferably will be bi-vocational. The Pastor shall be guided by the principles set forth in 1stTimothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. The Senior Pastor is the leader of the church and is responsible for leading the church to the fulfillment of its mission and vision in accordance with the teaching of the Holy Scriptures/Spirit, Church covenant, and Evangelistic principles necessary for discipleship and the winning of lost souls. The Pastor shall be a believer in the basic doctrine of the Baptist Church and a committed Preacher of the Gospel, with theological education and work experience. The deadline to apply is November 30, 2018.
All resumes must be submitted to:
Clay Street Missionary Baptist Church
Pastoral Search Committee
Attn. Grant Tinsley, Jr.
P.O. Box 173
Shelbyville, KY 40066
Please provide the following to complete your application:
☐ A cover letter
☐ A current resume
☐ Copy of ministerial license
☐ Certificate of Ordination
☐ 3 Reference Letters Including:
- Letter from a Pastor
- Letter from a laymen
- Personal letter from a non-relative
- Final candidates will be notified and requested to provide additional information later in the selection process.
- Final candidates must consent to reference, criminal history and background checks, a drug screen and/or credit, financial history review (performed through an outside agency for complete confidentiality).
- Final candidates must possess a willingness to continue their theological education if needed.
- All applicants are responsible for their expenses-unless authorized by the committee.