Vacant Pulpit: West Chestnut Street Baptist Church, Louisville, Kentucky (Deadline: Extended to 12/14/2019)
WEST CHESTNUT STREET BAPTIST CHURCH PASTORAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2019
West Chestnut Street Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky is prayerfully seeking candidates to apply for the position of full-time Senior Pastor. West Chestnut is a historic church—133 years old—rich in family connections, community values, and the utmost trust and faith in God. We are looking for a pastor called by God and who exemplifies the characteristics outlined in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9 (NIV). We desire a candidate immersed in Biblical principles, models a strong prayer life, and practices scripture-based preaching.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Must have 6-10 years of successful pastoral or church ministry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit the following documents to be considered for this position:
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH 100 CLINTON STREET FRANKFORT, KY 40601 SEEKING PASTOR
First Baptist Church, Frankfort, KY is seeking to hire the next Pastor of this historic 186 year old African American Church located in the capital of Kentucky. First Baptist is affiliated with the General Association of Baptists in Kentucky. The successful candidate will be an ordained minister with success as a spiritual leader and preacher/teacher of the Word of God, the candidate must also have a minimum of six years of successful pastoral or church ministry experience. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited college or university (A master’s degree from an accredited theological seminary is preferred). Must be ordained in the Baptist church.
The Pastor will serve as our spiritual leader and have the primary responsibilities of preaching and teaching the Word of God engaging in Pastoral Core Ministries and providing administrative leadership in all areas of the church:
- Spiritual leader of the church
- Inspiring leader and motivator
- Leadership vision for the future of the church
- Compassionate communicator and listener
- Counselor for persons with personal/spiritual challenges
- Experience growing church membership at all age levels
- Informed decision maker
- Knowledgeable about technology
- Relationship builder inside the church and through community outreach
- Willing to affiliate with the Progressive National Baptist Convention
- Practice scripture based preaching
- Plan and conduct Sunday worship service, Sunday school and bible study
- Implement a vision for leading intergenerational ministries for children,
youth and adults
- Develop a total Christian Education program for all ministries of the Church
- Develop programs and strategies that contribute to the overall financial health of the church
- Supervise the general business of the church and its paid staff
- Preside over church business meetings
- Visit the sick and distressed members of the church
- Officiate weddings and funerals
- Counsel members in need
- Work collaboratively with/supports all church ministries
- Engage with other ministry leaders
- Conduct annual revivals
If you have been led by God to seek this position please complete our application by downloading it from our website: http://www.firstbaptistfrankfortky.com or by requesting it by email to email@example.com. Completed application with resume and cover letter can be sent by mail to Linda Robinson, Pastoral Search Committee, PO Box 131 Frankfort, KY 40602 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of application packets February 28, 2020 at 11:59p.m. Eastern Time.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit the following documents to be considered for this position:
- Completed application
- Cover letter
- Copies of degrees, ministerial licenses, and certifications
- Current photograph
Please include your email address and telephone number in your cover letter or resume.
Upon request applicants will provide information and consent for:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (clergy, layperson, and personal)
- Reference checks
- Background checks
- Educational/credential verification
- Sample sermon (CD, DVD, You Tube link, MP4. etc)
- Complete a Predictive Index assessment
All information submitted will be handled in a confidential manner. Questions? Email us to:
Application materials are to be mailed to: Mrs. Linda Robinson
Pastoral Search Committee P.O Box 131
Frankfort, KY 40602
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT PASTOR, FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
100 Clinton St. Frankfort, KY 40601 502.223.5152
Please download application at http://www.firstbaptistfrankfortky.com
First Baptist Church — Bracktown (located in Lexington, KY) is seeking a visionary Pastor, led by God, who aligns with the qualifications presented in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and Peter 5:1-4. The candidate must be a transformational leader, committed to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach sound Baptist doctrine and engage in all pastoral duties as assigned.
A successful candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- ● Must be a licensed and ordained Baptist Minister called by God
- ● Possess a four-year degree in an appropriate discipline (Master’s preferred)
- ● Pastoral experience preferred (at least at the associate pastor level)
- ● Ability to develop and deliver biblically sound and spirit-filled sermons that appeal to the people and connect with their current life experiences
- ● Ability to teach bible study and Sunday school lessons that further increase spiritual growth among members
- ● Provide proof of strong administrative and communication skills
- ● Ability to articulate a vision for the church that emphasizes Christian education,evangelism, discipleship and empowerment
- ● Have a record of successfully connecting with younger church members (i.e. millennials) and showing respect and admiration for senior members
- ● Demonstrated ability to effectively work in harmony with Deacons, Trustees, other church leaders and the congregation in general
- ● Documented success in establishing initiatives that promote church growth and membership retention
- ● Has a track record as a revered community leader/activist with a desire to continue civic engagement
- ● Have specific goals to increase the church’s role in evangelism/outreach; (e.g. ability to plan and implement collaborations with other local churches and the community at large)
- ● Possess financial/business acumen
Duties and Responsibilities: Oversee the spiritual development of the church body through biblically sound preaching and teaching that is life changing and relevant; Implement a plan to perpetuate the church’s growth both spiritually and numerically; Take heed to the needs, care and nurturing of the church membership through visitation and pastoral care; Function as a servant leader that provides direction to ministry leaders, church ministries and staff; Promote tithing, offering and sacrificial giving as God’s way of financially supporting His church as taught in Malachi 3:10; Demonstrate compassion and character above reproach, reflective of Jesus Christ and leads the church through inspirations from God; Employ means of accessibility to the congregation by establishing and maintaining office hours, etc.
Complete applications should contain the following: A cover letter, A current resume, Copy of ministerial license, Certificate of Ordination, 3 Reference Letters (including Letter from a Pastor, Letter from a layperson, Personal letter from a non-relative)
Final candidates will be notified and requested to provide additional information later in the selection process. Final candidates must consent to confidential background checks (including references, criminal history, drug screening, and credit/financial history review).
All application packet materials should be emailed to the email address below beginning July 1st and no later than September 30th, 2019.
Clay Street Missionary Baptist Church located in Shelbyville, Kentucky is seeking a Senior Pastor, who is called and dedicated to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor preferably will be bi-vocational. The Pastor shall be guided by the principles set forth in 1stTimothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. The Senior Pastor is the leader of the church and is responsible for leading the church to the fulfillment of its mission and vision in accordance with the teaching of the Holy Scriptures/Spirit, Church covenant, and Evangelistic principles necessary for discipleship and the winning of lost souls. The Pastor shall be a believer in the basic doctrine of the Baptist Church and a committed Preacher of the Gospel, with theological education and work experience. The deadline to apply is November 30, 2018.
All resumes must be submitted to:
Clay Street Missionary Baptist Church
Pastoral Search Committee
Attn. Grant Tinsley, Jr.
P.O. Box 173
Shelbyville, KY 40066
Please provide the following to complete your application:
☐ A cover letter
☐ A current resume
☐ Copy of ministerial license
☐ Certificate of Ordination
☐ 3 Reference Letters Including:
- Letter from a Pastor
- Letter from a laymen
- Personal letter from a non-relative
- Final candidates will be notified and requested to provide additional information later in the selection process.
- Final candidates must consent to reference, criminal history and background checks, a drug screen and/or credit, financial history review (performed through an outside agency for complete confidentiality).
- Final candidates must possess a willingness to continue their theological education if needed.
- All applicants are responsible for their expenses-unless authorized by the committee.