Minister of Music (Full-Time)
First Baptist Church, 107 Bishop Lane, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Principal Function: The Minister of Music is responsible to the Pastor for the development and promotion of the church music program.
Qualifications: Candidate must possess the ability to read music, play by ear, lead worship and direct the choir.
Minister of Music Responsibilities:
· Serve on the church council; coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
· When requested, arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries and other church related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
· Keep informed on music methods, materials and promotions to use them when appropriate.
· Assist the Pastor in planning congregational services of the church and be responsible for the selection of the music when necessary.
· Maintain a music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments and other equipment for use in the church’s program.
· Direct music groups and congregational singing.
· Evaluate choir invitations to other singing events in relation to the church calendar with emphasis on church activities and accompany Pastor at events.
Please send cover letter and resume for consideration to:
First Baptist Church
107 Bishop Lane
Attn: Personnel Committee
Elizabethtown, KY 42701